Toulouse is not just the capital of the Occitanie Region, it is the leading metropolis of South-West France.
–> 4th largest city in France
Toulouse, the city : 440.204 inhabitants, 1.2 million inhabitants in the urban area
- No. 1 in Europe and No. 2 in the world in aeronautical activities
- No. 1 in Europe in space activities
- No.1 in France in embedded electronic systems
Toulouse welcomes more than 10.000 new arrivals every year
–> 2nd largest university city in France:
Toulouse has 110,000 students studying in 3 universities, 4 schools of engineering and 14 graduate schools. 8.000 first and higher degrees are awarded every year. Toulouse is a particularly lively and dynamic city.
–> A privileged natural position, at the heart of a hub of communication: 150 km from the Mediterranean, 250 km from the Atlantic Ocean, 110 km from the ski resorts in the Pyrenees.
Interactive map of Toulouse: https://www.plan.toulouse.fr/
Toulouse Tourist Office: http://www.toulouse-visit.com/
Midi-Pyrénées Region : http://www.midipyrenees.fr/Midi-Pyrenees,3650
- Paris-Toulouse: more than one flight per hour/a daily shuttle flight connects Paris to Toulouse in 1 hour and 10 minutes every 30 minutes.
- 38 regular flights, including 24 international flights (20 in Europe).
- 16 daily flights between Toulouse and the main provincial towns and cities.
- 20 daily flights between Toulouse and the main European capitals.
And many other international flights…
- The International Airport of Toulouse Blagnac is located 8 km northwest of Toulouse and 15 minutes from the city center (Tel. 0825 380 000).
- Toulouse Airport website: http://www.toulouse.aeroport.fr/en
- Details about all direct destinations can be consulted at : http://www.toulouse.aeroport.fr/en/passengers/flights/all-destinations
- A shuttle bus / bus every 20 minutes for the connection between the airport and the city centre, with four city centre stops: the Pierre Baudis Congress Centre (Compans Caffarelli stop) – the Joan of Arc square (la place Jeanne d’Arc) – les allées Jean-Jaurès – and the bus station (next to the Toulouse Matabiau SNCF train station). You can also take the tram to “Arènes” and then change to the metro.
- For more information: http://www.toulouse.aeroport.fr/en/passengers/to-and-from/public-transport
The Toulouse-Matabiau SNCF train station is situated in the city center and is connected with the metro station Marengo-SNCF. It is approximately 15 minutes by metro from the university.
Toulouse is 5 hours and 30 minutes from Paris by high-speed train (TGV), 2 hours from Montpellier and 2 hours from Bordeaux.
Train Information SNCF: Tel. 08 36 35 35 35
If you want to book an SNCF train ticket from outside France: Tel. 00 33 8 92 35 35 35
Toulouse has a direct motorway link with the main capitals of Northern and Southern Europe.
Paris-Bordeaux-Montpellier motorway network at the junction of:
- A61 (Carcassonne, Montpellier, Barcelona),
- A62 (Montauban, Agen, Bordeaux, Limoges, Paris),
- A64 (Foix, Lourdes, Bayonne, San-Sébastien), A68 (Lavaur, Albi)
- A66 (Pamiers, Foix, Andorre).